The White Rocket
The latest aircraft from the MotoArt hangar is the Northrop T-38 Talon. The Talon is a two-seat twinjet supersonic jet trainer which has been used to train USAF pilots for over half a century. It was the world’s first supersonic trainer and also its most produced. Its versatility and ease of maintenance have made it a valued tool in not only the USAF, but also NASA and other NATO air forces. It will remain in USAF use until at least 2023.
In addition to training for over 80,000 USAF pilots for flying aircraft such as the B-1B Lancer, F-15C Eagle, F-22 Raptor and the SR-71 Blackbird, it serves as a workhorse for the USAF System Command. It is used for test support for test flight programs, test support aircraft, a high performance drone director, a flying laboratory for solving perplexing problems, for towing targets, transporting equipment, to test radar calibration, to test and train for passenger plane recovery procedures, and more.
MotoArt was honored to add a T-38 Talon to the PlaneTags family. Our plane #65-10454 was constructed in 1965 at Northrop in Hawthorne, California and began its career shortly after with the 12th Flying Training Wing at Randolph AFB in Texas. After retirement in August 1993 it was then acquired by the Western Museum of Flight in Torrance, California before ending up in the care of MotoArt. What was destined to become scrap has been given a new lease on life as a collectible PlaneTag.
Our newest PlaneTags are numbered to 2,000.
“It’s a must-have to add a new finish to your collection.”- says Dave Hall
Northrop®️ T-38 Talon | Serial#: 65-10454
- Manufacturer: Northrop Grumman
- Latest Model: T-38A-60-NO Talon
- Last Military Serial: 65-10454 USAF
- Crew: 2
- Overall Length: 46 ft 4.5 in
- Wing Span: 25 ft 3 in
- Height: 12 ft 10.5 in
- Max Speed: 858 mph/h
- Range: 1,140 miles
- Service Ceiling: 50,000 ft
- Rate of Climb: 33,600 ft/min
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric J85-5A Afterburning Turbojet Engines
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.