PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited quantities, some PlaneTags are limited to two per customer. No requests accepted.
From dog fights and ground attacks to racing around pylons in the World’s Fastest Motorsport, the de Havilland Vampire was a legend of the skies. Introducing N4861K, a Vampire T.55 with a need for speed.
Read more about the Vampire on our blog: De Havilland Vampire: From Jet Fighter to Gold Racer
Our plane, s/n 186, was constructed as a de Havilland Vampire T.55 in 1956 and taken on strength charge with the Irish Air Corps on July 20, 1956. After serving at Casement Air Base for nearly 20 years, 186 was withdrawn from use and retired. Although its military service was over, a new life in the United States awaited. Now registered as N4861K, our Vampire flew in different capacities with different owners until 2015.
The de Havilland Vampire was built for speed and power, boasting a powerful de Havilland Goblin centrifugal turbojet engine that allowed it to climb and dive effortlessly, go head-to-head in dogfights, perform ground attacks, and precisions aerobatics - and race around pylons at 500 mph. Piloted by 4x Gold Air Racing Champion Pete Zaccagnino, N4861K competed in the 2015 National Championship Air Races in Reno, Nevada, finishing 1st place in the Jet Class with a speed of 502.37 mph. In 2016, it was substantially damaged during the Air Races, cutting its racing career short. In 2023, its original skin was preserved as PlaneTags.
N4861K will be celebrated for its service and speed, with Vampire PlaneTags to keep its memory alive. Blink, and you'll miss the de Havilland Vampire T.55 PlaneTags by MotoArt - grab one for your collection today.
De Havilland Vampire-N4861K
- Manufacturer: De Havilland
- Model: DH.115 Vampire T.55
- Tail # / Serial #: N4861K / 186
- Crew: 1 or 2
- Wing Span: 38 ft 0 in
- Length: 30 ft 09 in
- Height: 8 ft 10 in
- Armament: 4x 20 mm Hispano MK.V Cannons, 8x 3-in rockets or 2x 500 lb bombs/drop tanks
- Combat Range: 1,220 mi
- Cruise Speed: 275 kts
- Ceiling: 42,800 ft
- Empty Weight: 7,283 lb
- Max Takeoff: 12,390 lb
- Rate of Climb: 4,800 ft / min
- Engine: 1x De Havilland Goblin 35 Centrifugal Turbojet
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.