Note: Due to limited quantities, the Multi Color PlaneTags will be shipped in random order, and specific color requests are not available.
For half a century the Boeing Vertol UH-46D Sea Knight served the U.S. Armed Forces as a dependable, rugged workhorse. The first Sea Knight was delivered to the Marines in 1964 and shortly after began its military service during the Vietnam War. This assault transport helicopter would deliver troops, supplies, and equipment regardless of the time of day, weather conditions, or type of danger it would be flying into.
During the Vietnam War, the UH-46’s were used to carry troops and cargo to and from Navy ships that were in the China Sea. By 1968 the “Phrog”, as it was affectionately known, had flown 75,000 hours on 180,000 missions, and had carried half a million troops. 8,700 of those missions included rescuing wounded service members. Called the “mailman, supplier and guardian angel to the Navy fleet”, UH-46’s were used for sea and ground rescues, vertical replenishment, mail delivery, transporting personnel, and many other duties. The Sea Knight was used in every major Marine conflict from Vietnam until its retirement in 2015.
Our Sea Knight, tail number 152491, was built in 1966 as a UH-46A, and later converted to a UH-46D. During her storied lifetime, ‘2491’ served with Navy Helicopter Combat Support Squadrons 5, 7, and 11, as a ground trainer at the Naval Air Technical Training Center Memphis, and was struck off charge in 2003. In 2004 Columbia Helicopters obtained ‘2491’ for parts, and in 2017 it began a new career with Scroggins Aviation Mockup & Effects as a movie prop. Read all about this amazing helicopter on our PlaneTags blog.
MotoArt was able to preserve portions of the original aircraft skin and is honored to be able to offer a very limited run of 2,000 Boeing Vertol UH-46D Sea Knight PlaneTags. The weathered patina tells the tale of one tough, unrelenting helicopter – just like those who flew them. Share this cherished memento with a veteran or add one to your own collection today!
UH-46D SEA KNIGHT - # 152491
- Manufacturer: Boeing Vertol
- Tail #: 152491
- Crew:3 crew, 17 troops or 15 litters and 2 attendants
- Payload Capacity: 7,000 lb
- Empty Weight: 13,065 lb
- Internal Cargo Capacity: 5,000 lb
- Cargo Hook CAPACITY: 10,000 lb
- Rotor Diameter:2 X 50 ft
- Length:44 ft 7 in
- Height:16 ft 8.5 in
- Range: 206 nm
- Maximum Speed: 143 kn
- Cruise Speed: 135 kn
- Ceiling: 12,800 ft
- Rate of Climb: 8,440 ft/min
- Engine: 2 x GE T58-GE-10 Shaft Turbines
Vertol® and Sea Knight® are registered trademarks of others. MotoArt is not affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by either
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.