In the late 1960s, as the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and the French Armée de l'Air prepared to replace their aging ground-attack fleet, the two nations came together to produce a brand new aircraft to suit their needs. Introducing the SEPECAT Jaguar.
Find out more about the Jaguar on our blog: SEPECAT Jaguar: A Collaboration of Aviation Excellence
XX737 was built as a Jaguar GR.1, first taking flight on August 27, 1974. It was one of twelve Jaguars delivered to No. 54 Squadron in their new home at RAF Coltishall. XX737 was transferred to the Indian Air Force in 1980, then returned briefly to RAF Coltishall No. 6 Squadron in 1982 after being converted to a GR.3A. On March 23, 1983, XX737 was retired to RAF Shawbury, followed by many years in storage in both Britain and the U.S. In 2021, it was acquired by Pima Air & Space Museum, where it will be used in a restoration.
The SEPECAT Jaguar is a ground-attack and reconnaissance aircraft developed and produced as a collaborative effort between the U.K. and France. "SEPECAT" is an abbreviation of “Société Européenne de Production de l'Avion d'École de Combat et d'Appui Tactique”(the "European Company for the Production of Combat Aircraft and Training”). The Jaguar was designed primarily for low-level, close-air support strike missions and intended to replace existing ground-attack aircraft for both Air Forces.
Score your own Jaguar now! Add SEPECAT Jaguar PlaneTags to your collection today.
Jaguar GR.3A XX737
- Manufacturer: Sepecat
- Model: Jaguar GR.3A
- Serial #: XX737
- Crew: 1
- Wing Span: 28 ft 6 in
- Length: 55 ft 3 in
- Height: 16 ft 11 in
- Armament: 2x 30mm Aden guns, plus 7 hardpoints w/ a capacity of 10,000 lb
- Combat Range:506 mi (internal fuel), 875 mi (w/external fuel tanks)
- Max Cruise Speed: 918 kts
- Ceiling: 46,000 ft
- Empty Weight:15,432 lb
- Max Takeoff:34,613 lb
- Rate of Climb: 25,000 ft / min
- Engine: 2x Rolls Royce turbomeca adour mk. 102 turbofans
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.