Piper Aircraft, known for its long history of producing iconic airplanes, has played a major role in shaping general aviation by introducing innovative aircraft designs that have made flying accessible for every type of pilot. MotoArt is honored to partner with Piper Aircraft to bring you a trio of PlaneTags that pay homage to 85+ years of aviation history. Introducing the Piper Aviation PlaneTags series, beginning with the PA-28 Cherokee, PA-30 Twin Comanche, and PA-36 Pawnee Brave.
The Piper PA-28, PA-30, and PA-36 planes are all part of the Piper Aircraft family, each sharing the distinction of being one of 160+ certified Piper models. Each aircraft was designed to fulfill specific aviation needs. While each model serves distinct purposes, they all reflect Piper's commitment to quality, innovation, and meeting the diverse needs of pilots and operators.
Read more about it on our blog Piper Aircraft: The Backbone of General Aviation.
OUR PLANE'S STORY
N3742E, a Piper PA-36 Pawnee Brave 300, was one of 938 PA-36s built between 1973-1981. The Pawnee Brave is primarily used for crop dusting and aerial application work, specifically designed to meet the demands of agricultural operations, offering excellent maneuverability, durability, and efficiency, as well as excellent visibility, crucial for accurate application of agricultural products. In June 1986, N3742E was damaged beyond repair while releasing an agricultural chemical load in Moore, Idaho.
General aviation enthusiasts, pilots and PlaneTags collectors won’t want to miss this triple release! Add this trio of Piper Aviation giants to your collection today.
Piper PA-36 - TAIL #N3742E
- Manufacturer: Piper Aircraft
- Serial #: N3742E
- Crew: 1
- Wing Span: 38 ft 10 in
- Length: 27 ft 6 in
- Height: 7 ft 6 in
- Hopper Capacity: 2,200 lb dry or 275 US gal liquid chemicals
- Range: 393 nm
- Cruise Speed: 113 kts
- Ceiling: 6,400 ft
- Empty weight: 2,2560 lb
- Max Takeoff: 4,800 lb
- Rate of Climb: 920 ft/min
- Engine: 1 x Lycoming IO-540-K1G5
MotoArt PlaneTags, LLC. is not affiliated with Piper Aircraft, Inc. The PIPER® name, logos and designs are registered trademarks of Piper Aircraft, Inc. and are used by permission.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.