OUR PLANE'S STORY
Our G-21A Goose, N88821, was built in 1942 and is the 157th of 345 total Gooses produced. It was delivered to the 6th Air Force/644 Command and served until 1945. After the war, N88821 joined Ellis Air Lines of Alaska and for a time was refitted for water-only operations. Over the years, ‘821 changed hands several times, both disassembled and assembled, before resurrecting once more as C-FEFN and flying the British Columbia coast for the rest of its working career. This Goose racked up an amazing 34K-plus flight hours in grueling all-saltwater operations for nearly 50 years. MotoArt received original material from the restoration of Ole ‘821 and has created a lasting memento honoring the tough and versatile Goose.
Add one to your collection today and share the gift of history and aviation with a loved one with engraved Goose PlaneTags.
Grumman G-21A Goose - Tail #N88821 | C-FEFN
- Manufacturer: Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation
- Tail #: N88821 / C-FEFN
- Crew: 2-3
- Passenger: up to Pilot & 8 passengers
- Empty Weight: 5,425 lbs
- Wing Span: 49 ft
- Length:38 ft 6 in
- Height:16 ft 2 in
- Max Takeoff: 8,000 lbs
- Range: 640 nm
- Cruise Speed: 166 kts
- Ceiling: 21,300 ft
- Rate of Climb: 1,100 ft/min
- Engine: 2 x 450 hp Pratt & Whitney R-985-AN-6s
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - PlaneTags bear the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.