Photo by Joe Heeney
EVA’s Queen Of The Skies
Although EVA Air is a relatively young airline - its maiden flight was in July, 1991 - it has quickly grown to become a world class airline. Their global network, as part of the Star Alliance, connects Asia and Mainland China to North America, and spans Oceania to Europe for both passengers and cargo. Their fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft is one of the youngest in the industry.
EVA Air has always valued its commitment to quality, service, and maintaining an exemplary safety record. Their hard work was officially recognized in 2019 by earning their fourth straight 5-Star SKYTRAX rating. EVA’s livery represents its identity: green for durability, orange for technological innovation, and its tail logo signifying stability, reliability and service innovation.
Photo by Joe Heeney
EVA Air launched its first North American route, Taipei to Los Angeles, in 1992 utilizing its 747-400 fleet. Eventually, as the airline updated its fleet, the 747 was replaced by the Boeing 777-300ER on passenger routes. Our plane, B-16462, was delivered to EVA Air on October 7, 1993, and was converted to its current cargo configuration in April, 2007. B-16462 was retired in 2016 and stored at Mojave Air & Space Port. It has been preserved by MotoArt as part of the PlaneTag commercial aircraft collection.
The color combinations for this Boeing 747-400SF have produced some of the most exciting and beautiful PlaneTags that MotoArt has produced to date. The much anticipated release of EVA Air 747-400SF PlaneTags is now here. Add a solid, a combo bundle - or both - to your collection today.
EVA Boeing 747-400
- Manufacturer: Boeing
- Tail #: B-16462
- Capacity: 276 Seats(Combi)
- Overall Length: 231 ft 8 in
- Wingspan: 211 ft 5 in
- Wing Area: 5,650 sq ft
- Overall Height: 63 ft 8 in
- Range: 8,357 mi
- Ceiling: 45,100 km
- Max Speed: 610 mph
- Engines: 4X GE CF6-80C2B1F
Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.