The Sikorsky EH-60 Black Hawk is a medium lift utility helicopter, equipped with advanced technology to make it extremely effective in day and night missions, in extreme weather and under the toughest conditions. MotoArt welcomes 87-24659 to the fleet - a Sikorsky EH-60, a variant specifically designed for electronic warfare.
Learn more about this heli on our blog Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk: A Multi-Role Helicopter
The Sikorsky UH-60A was developed by the U.S. Army as a replacement for the aging UH-1 Huey helicopter. An RFP for a new utility helicopter was issued in the early 1970s. Several helicopter manufacturers submitted proposals, including Sikorsky and rival Boeing-Vertol with the YUH-61A. Sikorsky’s UH-60 won and quickly became a mainstay of the Army’s helicopter fleet. 87-24659 was constructed as an EH-60A in 1987. Although its history remains classified, it was known to have served in the Gulf War.
The EH-60 variant is an airborne electronic warfare aircraft, specifically developed by the U.S. Army to provide electronic warfare support to ground troops during combat missions. It was equipped with a sophisticated intelligence gathering system to intercept enemy communications and analyze them in real time. It also boasted advanced equipment used to locate and disrupt enemy communications. The YEH-60A took its first flight in September 1981. Forty UH-60As were converted to EH-60A and the Army acquired 66 production models. Their designation was later changed to EH-60C. The EH-60 was used extensively during the early 1990s, during the Gulf War and in Somalia during Operation Restore Hope.
Collect a piece of history. Own an icon. Add a Sikorsky EH-60A Black Hawk to your PlaneTags collection. The versatile and reliable Black Hawk is used in military operations around the world and is still making headlines today. Get your Black Hawk now.
EH-60A BLACK HAWK-87-24659
- Manufacturer: SIKORSKY
- Serial #: 87-24659
- Crew: 4 (2 PILOTS, 2 CREW CHIEFS)
- Rotor diameter: 53 FT 8 IN w/4 BLADES
- Tail rotor diameter: 11 FT 0 IN w/4 BLADES
- Length: 50 FT 0 IN
- Height: 16 FT 9 IN
- EQUIPMENT: AN/ALQ-151 MULTI-ROLE TACTICAL EW SYSTEM, 4x DIPOLE ANTENNAS, 1x DEPLOYABLE WHIP ANTENNA
- Range: 372 MI
- Cruise Speed: 147 MPH
- Ceiling: 19,000 FT
- Empty weight: 11,253 LB
- Max Takeoff: 22,000 LB
- Rate of Climb: 1,315 FT / MINUTE
- Engine: 2x GENERAL ELECTRIC T700-GE-700C TURBOSHAFT
Sikorsky®, (Black Hawk®), associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.