The Convair CV-240 is an iconic piece of aviation history, and MotoArt is bringing this history to life with Alaska Airlines CV-240 PlaneTags. Crafted from the skin of N51331, each Tag is a fragment of a remarkable tale.
Read more about it on our blog: Convair CV-240: The Aircraft That Redefined Passenger Flight.
OUR PLANE'S STORY
Delivered to American Airlines as NC94238 in June 1948, it then spent a short time with TOA Airways before being delivered to Cordova Airlines in May 1965. During the merger of Alaska Airlines and Cordova in 1967, N51331 was taken over by Alaska and became part of their fleet. 51331 would wear the famed Golden Nugget livery until being withdrawn from service in 1969.
The Golden Nugget Service, along with the comfortable flight experience and pressurized cabin of the Convair CV-240, delivered luxury and elegance to its passengers during the 1960s and 1970s, making this aircraft an integral part of aviation's golden era of travel.
Convair CV-240 PlaneTags give collectors an opportunity to hold a piece of the rich legacy that N51331 represents - a legacy of innovation, luxury, and the ever-evolving story of flight. Don’t miss your chance to own a piece of a Golden Nugget.
Convair CV-240 Alaska Airlines® - Tail # N51331
- Manufacturer: CONVAIR
- Type: CV-240
- Tail #: N51331
- Crew: 3 (2 pilots, 1 flight attendants)
- Passengers: 40
- Wing Span: 91 ft 9 in
- Length: 74 ft 8 in
- Height: 26 ft 11 in
- Range: 1,042 nm
- Cruise Speed: 243 knots
- Ceiling: 16,000 ft
- Empty weight: 25,445 lb
- Max Takeoff: 42,500 lb
- Rate of Climb: 1,520 ft/minute
- Engine: 2x Pratt & Whitney R2800-CA3 Double Wasp Radials
Alaska Airlines® associated emblems and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks in the USA and used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.