This release from MotoArt celebrates an iconic aircraft - the Cessna 402 C Businessliner - and the multitude of pilots who depend on general aviation aircraft like the Cessna 402 for their livelihoods and lifestyle. From the dawn of aviation to today, planes like the Cessna 402C have brought the average person closer to the heavens and allowed them to use aircraft to improve existing operations or start whole new industries. Generations of pilots learned to fly in Cessnas and today there are about 591,000 civilian pilots in the U.S. alone, with 70% of them flying general aviation aircraft in a multitude of roles.
Get the scoop on the blog General Aviation Icons: Beechcraft G35 Bonanza & Cessna 402C Businessliner
OUR PLANE'S STORY
The Cessna 402C Businessliner was a lightweight, twin piston aircraft, the dependable workhorse of its class designed to be inexpensive to own and operate. Cessna 402s could be configured for cargo or for carrying 6 to 10 passengers. Our Businessliner, N526FA, was built in 1981 and flew for Yellow Air Taxi (YAT), an air taxi based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
‘526FA transported passengers and cargo between Florida and the Bahamas until retirement in 2011. MotoArt obtained the original aircraft skin material for this Businessliner in 2022 and created PlaneTags. Add this shining example of American aviation to your PlaneTags collection today.
Cessna 402C - TAIL #N526FA
- Manufacturer: CESSNA Aircraft Corporation
- Tail #: N526FA
- Crew: 1 or 2
- Seats: 7 Passengers
- Wing Span: 44 ft 2 in
- Length: 36 ft 5 in
- Height: 11 ft 5 in
- Range: 1,274 nm
- Cruise Speed: 213 kts
- Ceiling: 26,900 ft
- Empty weight: 4,069 lb
- Max Takeoff: 6,850 lb
- Rate of Climb: 1,450 ft/min
- Engine: 2 × Continental TSIO-550 Ser Piston
Cessna® associated emblems and logos, and body designs are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Textron in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.