OUR PLANE'S STORY
N522VA, an Airbus A319-112, took its first flight June 16, 2006 and was delivered to Virgin America on June 29, 2006. It was later transferred to Skybus in February 2007, then back to Virgin America in July 2008. Alaska Airlines and Virgin America merged operations in 2018, bringing N522VA into the Alaska fleet until its eventual retirement in March 2020. In 2023, MotoArt preserved a slice of the airline’s history as PlaneTags.
91 years ago, Alaska Airlines began as a small regional carrier with unscheduled service aboard its single plane. Today the airline is renowned for its exceptional passenger service and expanding routes. Alaska Airlines operates flights to more than 115 destinations within the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and Central America aboard its all-Boeing 737 fleet.
The Alaska Airlines x MotoArt collaboration is here - get your Alaska Airlines A319 PlaneTags now!
Airbus A319 Alaska Airlines® - Tail # N522VA
- Manufacturer: AIRBUS
- Type: A319-112
- Tail #: N522VA
- Crew: 5 (2 pilots, 3 flight attendants)
- Passengers: 123 (12 first class, 24 premium economy, 87 economy)
- Wing Span: 111 ft 10 in
- Length: 111 ft 0 in
- Height: 38 ft 7 in
- Range: 3,750 nmi
- Cruise Speed: 460 knots
- Ceiling: 41,000 ft
- Empty weight: 87,930 lb
- Max Takeoff: 141,094 lb
- Rate of Climb: 2,500 ft / minute
- Engine: 2x Cfmi Cfm56-5B6 Turbofans
Alaska Airlines® associated emblems and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks in the USA and used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.