PLEASE NOTE: PlaneTags will ship in random order as chosen from the variations shown in the photos. No requests please.
Introducing the distinguished first-generation British bomber and reconnaissance aircraft, capable of reaching 70,000+ feet and outpacing its contemporaries: the English Electric Canberra.
Get a closer look at the Engish Electric Canberra on the PlaneTags blog: English Electric Canberra: Groundbreaking British Jet-Powered Bomber
Constructed as a B.2 variant, our Canberra was delivered to the Royal Air Force in 1953 and assigned the registration WH712. WH712 would play a critical part in the highly classified mission Project Robin during the Cold War. Project Robin was a joint co-op between the US and UK to take photos of Soviet-occupied Eastern Europe. In 1954, a Canberra, WH726, was flown to the US and fitted with a powerful telescopic camera. During the missions, WH712 would act as a support aircraft for WH726 by watching for condensation trails and other elements that could alert the Soviets to their presence. In December 1966, WH712 was transferred to the Venezuelan Air Force, registered as 1425, and later converted into a B.82 variant. 1425 would continue to operate until 1990 when the Venezuelan Air Force retired their remaining Canberras.
The English Electric Canberra changed aviation forever when it entered service in May 1951. Named after the Australian capital of Canberra, it proved its merit, breaking numerous records. Its distance and altitude capabilities, superior performance, and adaptability to many roles made it highly sought-after by air forces worldwide. MotoArt is honored to tell its story with Canberra PlaneTags.
The long-awaited English Electric Canberra PlaneTags have arrived. Add one to your personal Air Force collection today.
Canberra B.82 1425
- Manufacturer: English Electric
- Model: Canberra B.82
- Serial #: 1425
- Crew:3 (1x Pilot, 1x Navigator, 1x Bombardier)
- Wing Span: 63 Ft 11 In
- Length: 65 Ft 6 In
- Height: 15 Ft 7 In
- Armament: 6x 1,000 Lb Bombs Within The Bomb Bay
- Combat Range:2,310 Nm
- Max Cruise Speed: 379 kts
- Ceiling: 48,000 Ft W/Capability Of 70,000+ Ft
- Empty Weight:22,200 lb
- Max Takeoff:6,000 lb
- Rate of Climb: 3,400 ft / min
- Engine: 2x Rolls Royce Avon Ra.3 Mk. 101 Turbojets
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.