One of our most requested aircraft has arrived and it is as amazing as you can imagine. MotoArt, with the help of airplane collector Dan Bissell, bring you BuNo 148369 - a McDonnell F-4B Phantom II!
The F-4 Phantom is a twin-engine, all-weather, long-range supersonic jet interceptor and fighter-bomber. It was highly adaptable and used extensively in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War as the principal air superiority fighter for the U.S. Navy, Air Force, and Marines. It had a top speed of over Mach 2.2 and set several world records for its performance and speed. It was the backbone of American military air power throughout the 1980’s, eventually being replaced by newer aircraft and phased out by 1996. Between 1958 and 1981, 5,195 F-4s were built, setting a long standing record for the largest production run of a U.S. built supersonic fighter. The Phantom II was used by 11 other nations and still remains in service today.
BuNo 148369 was built as a block 6 F4H-1 Phantom and delivered to the U.S. Marines in May 1961. Redesignated as an F-4B, ‘8369 would be assigned to numerous squadrons during its career including the VMFAT-101, VX-4, and H&MS-13 where it was deployed to Chu Lai Air Base, Vietnam. ‘8369 was struck off charge in 1974 after 1,644 total hours. It was used as a ground trainer and with the USN Fire School, before ending up as part of Dan Bissell’s private aircraft collection in St. Louis, MO. Mr. Bissell and MotoArt joined forces to ensure this Phantom will live on.
Don’t miss this chance to own a piece of a legend. Order your F-4 Phantom PlaneTags now to get a complete set for your collection or to engrave one for a luggage tag or meaningful gift.
F-4B PHANTOM II-# 148369
- Manufacturer: McDonnell
- BuNo: 148369
- Crew: 2 (1 Pilot, 1 Rio)
- Wing Span: 38 ft 5 in
- Length: 58 ft 3 in
- Height: 16 ft 3 in
- Armament: 4x Aim-7d Or -7e Sparrows, 2x Aim-9 Sidewinders On Inner Underwing Pylons
- Range:347 Nm (Combat Range)
- Cruise Speed: 500 kts
- Ceiling: 62,000 ft
- Empty weight:27,897 lb
- Max Takeoff:53,907 lb
- Rate of Climb: 28,000 ft / min
- Engine: 2x General Electric J79-Ge-8a Turbojets
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.