In December 2022, Delta Air Lines revealed that it will be phasing out its CRJ200s in order to streamline and modernize its regional Delta Connection fleet. With this recent news in mind, MotoArt welcomes this aircraft to the PlaneTags fleet - Meet N847AS, a CRJ 200ER.
N847AS was built in 1999 as a CRJ 200ER, and was delivered to Atlantic Southeast Airlines September 16, 1999. ASA, a Delta Connection partner since 1984, operated feeder flights along the Midwest and Eastern United States. In 2011, ASA merged with Express Jet and began operating under their brand, and at one time was the world’s largest regional airline by fleet size. N847AS retired in September 2016 and was stored in Blytheville, Arkansas. MotoArt acquired this aircraft in 2022 and created CRJ PlaneTags in 2023.
OUR PLANE'S STORY
The Bombardier CRJ, short for Canadair Regional Jet, is a reliable and efficient regional aircraft developed from the Canadair Challenger CL-600 business jet. It made its debut in 1991 and became a popular regional jetliner, due to its low operating costs and flexibility for airlines. The CRJ was designed for short and medium haul flights and could carry about 50 passengers. Delta Air Lines has announced that it will begin phasing out its CRJ 200s by the end of summer 2023, with plans to replace them with a newer, more efficient aircraft, with a first-class cabin, such as the CRJ 700, CRJ 900, or Embraer E175.
This is an essential PlaneTag for any Delta fan. Be sure to add a Delta CRJ 200ER to your PlaneTags collection today!
DELTA®- CRJ-200ER- N847AS
- Manufacturer: Bombardier Aerospace
- Tail #: N847AS
- Crew: 4 (2 Pilots, 2 Flight Attendants)
- Seats: 50 Passengers
- Wing Span: 69 ft 7 in
- Length: 87 ft 10 in
- Height: 20 ft 5 in
- Range: 1,345 nm
- Cruise Speed: 424 knots
- Ceiling: 41,000 ft
- Empty Weight: 30,900 lb
- Max Takeoff Weight: 53,000 lb
- Rate of Climb: 3,701 ft / minute
- Engine: 2x General Electric CF34-3B1 Turbofans
DELTA® and associated emblems and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks in the USA and used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.