Please note: Due to small quantities, these PlaneTags will be limited to 2 per person.
Introducing Miss Liberty Belle, also known as 44-62208, a Boeing B-29 Superfortress and MotoArt’s newest bomber! She was delivered to the USAAF on September 4, 1945, too late for World War II, but just in time to become a Strategic Air Command (SAC) bomber.
The B-29 Superfortress was a state-of-the-art, American-made heavy bomber. B-29’s were heavily relied upon in the Pacfic Theater of WWII, notably in the bombing of Tokyo and dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. After the war, many B-29’s went on to form the first bomber fleet of the newly formed SAC, and were used during the Korean War.
The Superfortress was a technological marvel, featuring:
- Heated and pressurized crew cabin areas
- Dual wheeled tricycle landing gear
- Computer controlled fire control system
- Remote controlled gun turrets and gunnery suite
The B-29 was designed to meet the U.S. Army Air Corps requirements for a superbomber that could fly 400 mph, and deliver 20,000 lbs of payload to a target 2,667 miles away.
44-62208 was first christened Miss Liberty Belle during her service with the 92nd Bomb Group and was decorated with a patriotic pinup girl on her nose. She also served with the 106th, 320th, and 307th Bombardment Wings. During her time with the 307th, the Wing flew 93 sorties and dropped 860 tons of bombs on North Korea. The bravery of Miss Liberty Belle’s crew earned them the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation for extraordinary heroism. On July 23, 1957, the 307th flew the last B-29 combat mission. ‘62208 was later converted to a TB-29A and served in non-combat roles until retirement.
MotoArt is honored to preserve such an amazing warbird and symbol of America’s ingenuity and might. Each B-29 Superfortress PlaneTag is hand-crafted in the U.S. and numbered in a series of 750. Don’t miss out - be sure to add one to your bomber collection or even have it engraved as a gift.
Boeing B-29 Superfortress-# 44-62208
- Manufacturer: BOEING
- SERIAL #: 44-62208
- Crew: 10
- Empty weight: 71,360 LB
- Wing Span: 141 FT 3 IN
- Length: 99 FT
- Height: 27 FT 9 IN
- Max Takeoff: 120,000 LBS (135,000 LBS MAXIMUM OVERLOAD)
- Range: 3,476 NMI AT 25,000 FT W/5,000 LB BOMB LOAD
- Max Cruise Speed: 311 KTS
- Ceiling: 331,850 FT
- Armament: 12 x .50-CALIBER MACHINE GUNS, 1 x 20 MM CANNON, 20,000-LB BOMB LOAD
- Engine: FOUR x WRIGHT R-3350-23 DUPLEX CYCLONE EIGHTEEN-CYLINDER AIR COOLED RADIAL ENGINES WITH TWO GENERAL ELECTRIC TURBO SUPERCHARGERS
Perfect Aviation Gift
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.