A LEGEND OF SEARCH AND RESCUE
The Sikorsky S-61 / H-3 is a twin-engine, heavy lifting helicopter that was used to perform long hours of grueling Combat Search and Rescue operations during the Southeast Asia War and Operation Desert Storm. Its protective armor, self sealing tanks, water landing capability, a high speed hoist, M60 machine guns, external tanks that could be jettisoned, and retractable inflight refueling probe made it perfect for long range CSAR missions to ensure that no soldiers were left behind.
SIKORSKY S-61 / H-3
While our aircraft has conflicting designations and its exact history is unclear, based on conversations with experts, Yanks Air Museum, and extensive research, MotoArt has determined to use the H-3 designation. These conflicts could be a simple matter of mishandled paperwork rather than the actual modifications to the aircraft. Either way this Sikorsky helicopter was born in 1964 and now lives on as a piece of aviation history.
Yanks Air Museum is dedicated to the restoration and preservation of American aircraft and artifacts. It houses one of the largest aircraft collections, including one of a kind vintage aircraft which have been painstakingly restored to airworthy status. Their incredible collection began in 1973 and since then has grown from one Beech Staggerwing to over 200 aircraft.
“What makes this launch of the Jolly Green exciting to us, is not only the incredible chance to work with the HH-E Sikorsky, but also the opportunity to work with Yanks Air Museum. Yanks is an amazing North American collection of aviation history. A truly astonishing museum to walk through. To have the backing of Yanks Air Museum for the PlaneTags is an honor.”
- Dave Hall
Sikorsky H-3 Jolly Green Giant - TAIL #64-14234
- Manufacturer: Sikorsky
- Serial #: 64-14234
- Cockpit Crew: 3
- Overall Length: 73 ft (22 m)
- Height: 18 ft 1 in (5.51 m)
- Capacity: 28 pax / 6,500 lb (2,948 kg) payload
- Max speed: 165 mph, 265 km/h
- Range: 896 mi, 1,443 km
- Service Ceiling: 17,500 ft (5,334 m)
- Rate of Climb: 2,220 ft/min
- Armament: U.S. Helicopter Armament Subsystems, S-61R
Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.