Please Note: The mixed colors shown are of extremely limited quantity. These PlaneTags are being sold individually and specific color requests are not available. PlaneTags will ship these in random order.
CESSNA 172 TAILDRAGGER - N6922A
Our PlaneTags are made from N6922A, which was built during the first production year of the 172, in 1956. Although 172 and Skyhawk are synonymous now, the name Skyhawk wasn’t used until late 1960 when Cessna was developing the next model, with a deluxe option called the Skyhawk. In the 66 years since the 172 first debuted, it has become the most produced aircraft ever. This appeal of this popular aircraft comes from its affordability, safety, economy, and ease of flying. Generations of pilots all over the world have learned to fly in some variation of a 172, which continues to be the most popular trainer in the world, even after all these years. Read more about it on our blog.
OUR PLANE'S STORY
General Aviation Giants
We’re so excited to have preserved a small piece of two tremendous legacies. Our newest PlaneTags are made from the original fuselage skin of each aircraft and handcrafted in our Torrance, CA studio. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to add a pair of the first two PlaneTags in our General Aviation category to your collection!
A PILOT’S DREAM
The A36 and 172 share something we’ve heard time and time again from pilots all over the world - they’re a breeze to fly. They are smooth, stable and predictable, making them the popular planes that they are. If you know a pilot anywhere in the world, chances are they learned to fly in a 172. Share a piece of the legacy with the perfect pilot gift - give a Cessna 172 or Bonanza A36 PlaneTag - or a pair!
Cessna 172-TAIL #N6922A
- Manufacturer: CESSNA AIRCRAFT COMPANY
- Serial #: N6922A
- Seating: 4
- Wing Span: 35 ft 8 in
- Length:26 ft 9 in
- Height:8 ft 8 in
- Cruise Speed: 108 kts
- Range: 395 nm
- Fuel Burn: 8 GPH 75% Power
- Powerplant: Continental O-300-A
- Service Ceiling: 13,300 ft
- Max Climb Rate: 660 ft/min
Cessna® and Skyhawk®, associated emblems and logos, and body designs are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Textron in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by MotoArt PlaneTags LLC.
PlaneTags are Handmade Aviation Tags
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.