Please note: The Random Livery PlaneTags you receive will arbitrarily be chosen from the limited quantity of colors as shown in the photo. No requests accepted.
MotoArt’s newest aircraft is a Boeing 727, dressed in the rich blue and grey of one of United Airlines' most recognizable liveries. N7262U flew the friendly skies exclusively for United from 1978 until retirement in 2001. Rescued from scrapping in 2021 it has been given a new purpose as part of the PlaneTags collection.
As Boeing’s only trijet, the 727 is a three engine, narrow-body airliner designed to fly short to medium routes into smaller, regional airports. Designed to minimize dependence on airport infrastructure, the 727 could:
- Land on short runways
- Descend quickly
- Start engines with an APU, cutting the hose from a start cart.
- Load passengers via its rear staircase, eliminating the need for a boarding ramp or stair truck
OUR PLANE'S STORY
N7262U spent the latter half of her life wearing United’s “Battleship Grey” livery. The upper fuselage was painted a silvery grey, and the belly a deep midnight blue, both separated by orange, red, and blue stripes. The tail had alternating bands of medium and dark blue and featured the “Double U Tulip”. The Tulip was designed in 1974 by graphic designer Saul Bass and was used until 2010 when it was replaced by the Globe tail logo as a result of the United/Continental merger. Read more about it on our blog.
With a small run of just 3,500 PlaneTags, you will not want to miss out on this one. Capture a moment in aviation history - add a Battleship Grey 727 PlaneTag to your collection today. Engrave one for a loved one or aviation enthusiast - PlaneTags make the best gifts.
Boeing 727-222 # N7262U
- Manufacturer: BOEING
- Tail #: N7262U
- Crew: 7
- Passengers: 189
- Wing Span: 108 ft
- Length: 153 ft 2 in
- Height: 34 ft 6 in
- Max Takeoff: 209,500 lbs
- Range: 1,900 nm
- Max Cruise Speed: 595 knots
- Ceiling: 42,000 ft
- Rate of Climb: 2,940 ft/min
- Engine: 3 x JT8D-15
Handcrafted Aviation Collectibles
- Authentic - made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal.
- Unique - each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags.
- Collectible - each one is numbered in a limited edition and comes attached to a display card.
- Versatile - comes with a durable metal ring, strong enough to attach to luggage or keys or display.
- Please Note: Due to limited quantities, combination colors you may receive will vary.
*Important Notice – Please Read Carefully
PlaneTags are made from actual retired aircraft fuselage, not merely stamped metal. Because PlaneTags are made from real fuselage, each PlaneTag bears the color, thickness, and wear and tear from the portion of the fuselage from which it was cut and it is therefore rare to create two identical PlaneTags. These variations and imperfections are not product flaws. They are part of the beauty of PlaneTags. As a result, you will not have an option to select the color of your PlaneTag. The images on this website are provided for reference only and should not be used as the sole basis for choosing a particular PlaneTag.